My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.nthambazale.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Clement Nyirenda's Blog World

On technology and its use in the fight against poverty

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blantyre, Malawi

I am a lecturer,researcher and consultant in Electronics and Computer Engineering at the University of Namibia.I am specifically involved in the development of Computational Intelligence based software for communication networks and other dynamic environments. I also have huge interest in Wireless Sensor Networks, Image Processing, and Network Security.

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Safari browser for Windows

Today, I did not really want to make a posting simply because I am busy attending the VoIP workshop at Ryalls Hotel in Blantyre. Details on this workshop will be posted next week. I am, however, being forced to make a posting because of the beta version of the Safari browser, which was released for the Windows Operating Systems on June 11, 2007. Safari is developed by Apple Inc., and is traditionally included in their Mac OS X. An extension to Windows will surely increase Apple's market share.

In my case, I have already installed the Safari browser on my PC. It looks great. You can also testify about this once you download and install it. As of now, I have the following browsers on my Windows machine:
Although I am a big fan of Mozilla firefox, I like this mix, because it gives me some diversity. So far, I have not yet seen any negative effect.I must, however, point out that I rarely use IE. Don't ask me why, it is just my preference.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

7 Comments:

Blogger eagerblogger said...

I don't use IE too whenevr possible. I just hate it when some sites can only be decently viewed using IE. Grrrr. :)

3:41 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I use IE, and firefox if the sites dont load up properly. I downloaded Safari the day it came out and havent really used it.

www.rosshetherington.com

2:24 pm  
Blogger BillyWarhol said...

i use Firefox & avoid IE & Microsoft if possible!

thx to Google + Mozilla + Flickr for setting us all FREE!!

;))

Real World Example - None of my c0ol Widgets on my Blog even show up in IE!! Like how lame is that!!

2:53 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm worried about this browser because it adds another browser that sites have to be compatible with.. I have not installed it yet but i will have to in order to test my web site designs and make sure now that they all look ok in IE, Firefox and now Safari too.

9:09 am  
Blogger Clement Nthambazale Nyirenda. said...

1.eagerblogger, thanks for the visit and the good comments

2.ross,thanks for the visit and the good comments

3.BillyWarhol thanks for the visit and the comments.You seem to be out out tp Firefox completely.Sad to learn that your cool Widgets on my Blog even show up in IE.

4.gerri, thanks for the visit and the comments. My sister you just have to bear with technology.Lots of browsers are popping up. There is Opera as well

5:51 pm  
Blogger morinn said...

hi. but i still prefer mozilla! ;)

6:05 pm  
Blogger Clement Nthambazale Nyirenda. said...

I think mozilla is really cool.

11:45 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home