Remembering KwaZulu-Natal
I have settled down quite well here in Gauteng Province (Pretoria) . Much as I enjoy the change of environment, I always find myself missing KwaZulu-Natal (KZN). Compared to Gauteng province, KZN is more relaxed. In Gauteng, life is too fast.As a researcher, I prefer the KZN type of environment. In KZN, people predominatly speak isiZulu while in Gauteng you will find lots of languages. As a person who comes from Malawi, where we have the Ngoni people who migrated from Zululand during the days of Shaka, it is always a joy to learn the Zulu language and somehow the culture. Although I can speak some basic Zulu, I now agree that I missed the opportunity of becoming a guru in this language while I was in KZN. By the way, isiZulu is the most widely spoken home language in South Africa.
Labels: cities, KwaZulu-Natal, languages, Provinces, Society, South Africa, Zulu

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home