My blog has moved! Redirecting…

You should be automatically redirected. If not, visit http://www.nthambazale.com/ and update your bookmarks.

Clement Nyirenda's Blog World

On technology and its use in the fight against poverty

My Photo
Name:
Location: Blantyre, Malawi

I am a lecturer,researcher and consultant in Electronics and Computer Engineering at the University of Namibia.I am specifically involved in the development of Computational Intelligence based software for communication networks and other dynamic environments. I also have huge interest in Wireless Sensor Networks, Image Processing, and Network Security.

Sunday, July 22, 2007

The Access to Learning Award

During one of my aimless web browing sessions after a very busy day, I stumbled upon a Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation web page.This site announces that the foundation's Global Libraries initiative invites applications from libraries and similar organizations outside the United States that have created new ways to offer these key services:
  1. Free public access to computers and the Internet
  2. Public training to assist users in accessing online information that can help improve their lives
  3. Technology training for library staff
  4. Outreach to underserved communities

The award recipient will receive $1 million. You can get more details and the application guidelines from the web site itself.If you know any library or organization that is eligible for this award, please refer them here.They might end up winning this prestigious award. Specifically, I would like to encourage African libraries and similar organizations, not to miss out on this one. On my part, I wish all the African applicants, all the best :)

Labels: , , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Dave said...

Great post. love it.

http://davedeli.blogspot.com

7:28 am  
Blogger Clement Nthambazale Nyirenda. said...

Dave

Thanks of your comments.

Best wishes and cheers:)

11:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home