I have deleted my quechup account
I am pleased to inform everyone that I have deleted my quechup account. These guys are tricksters.If they can trick us into spamming our address book contacts, you never know what they will do with our accounts. As I said yesterday, if you signed up with them using an invite seemingly from me, please delete that account forthwith. It is better just to stay with facebook, myspace and other existing social networks.

8 Comments:
Luckily I visited your blog before signing up.
Hi Clement! I am one of the people that responded to your invite because secretly I take you for my tech adviser :). However I must say that upon joining Quechup, Quechup did not go on rampage "spamming all my address book contacts". If I recall correctly there was an opt out/in choice and I suspect that you agreed to that unknowingly. In my hurry I do often click 'yes' without reading the prints :). I suggest you check with the other acount holders before sticking to your claim.
1dollar, great to see you comment here. I am glad my warning has helped you.
Cryton
Great to hear that you secretly take me for your tech adviser.Let me point out that the opt out/in choice was in very fine print in order to trick us into quechup spamming our address book contacts. I am glad you spotted it but with the increasing online activity, very few people would see it.That is why we conclude that quenchup.com is a spammer.As for checking with other account holders, I must say that I do not have time for that.I have slammed the door on these guys completely.No way back!
Lots of credible sites have confirmed that quenchup.com is indeed a spammer. You can take a look at the following site:
http://www.geeknewscentral.com/archives/007263.html
If you search for quechup on google you will get lots more.
Hi Clement! The Quechup honeymoon for me was over last night. They spammed all my contacts including posting a Quechup invite on my blog. What a shame!
I feel sorry 4 you.But do not worry because most of your address book contacts already know that quechup.com is spammer by now
Oh yes... these creepy websites... always on the pretext that they'll inform our contacts of their website / offer / services.... it's just another way to get data. I have mostly given up on filling those kind forms. But to get them from our contacts list... tat's way too much. Thanks for sharing.
Countdown
Thanks for your comment.Facebook, Myspace do not abuse this facility.Quechup came in to capitalize on it.This experience has really taught me a lesson
Post a Comment
<< Home